WE’LL FIGHT FOR YOU
Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal Injury Lawyers in Kealakekua, Kona, and Kamulea (Waimea)
Hawaii is arguably the most beautiful state in the union – we certainly think so. It is also, for obvious reasons, a much-sought-after vacation destination. Whether you live on or are visiting the Big Island, there’s something here for everyone – and the idyllic setting never ceases to amaze. Even in paradise, however, accidents do happen. If someone else’s negligence has left you injured, you need an experienced personal injury attorney to help guide your claim toward the compensation to which you’re entitled.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an attorney, call Olson & Sons today at 808-331-3113 or 808-885-8533.
Schedule a Consultation
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an attorney call Olson & Sons today.
Hawaii Personal Injury Claim
If the negligence of someone else has left you injured, there is little doubt that you are going through a very trying ordeal. Many people in such circumstances find that they’re at a loss regarding how best to proceed. After an accident, it is essential seek immediate medical attention and then consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Kona. Personal injury claims typically incorporate a lot of moving parts that all need attention, but your primary task is to nurse yourself back to health and well-being. Your personal injury attorney will help ensure that your claim accurately represents your total damages and will work to secure just compensation for those damages.
While you focus on the important work of restoring your health, allow the dedicated legal team at Olson & Sons, Attorneys at Law, in both Kona and Kamuela to help navigate your claim and get you the compensation to which you’re entitled. We regularly work with clients injured in a wide variety of accidents, including the following:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Recreational accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Constructions accidents
Remember, we will review the facts of your case at no cost to you, so even if you do not see your accident listed here, schedule a consultation with one of our PI attorneys to determine whether you have a claim.
While every personal injury claim is unique to its own circumstances, there are several kinds of injuries that arise in many cases we handle:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. A traumatic brain injury(TBI) is a serious injury that’s usually caused by a blow to the head or by the vigorous shaking of the head – both of which are common in car accidents and slip and fall accidents (among other kinds of accidents). Because these injuries affect your brain’s functioning, they can be especially difficult to overcome. Further, TBIs can be slow to present with symptoms, which makes them more difficult to diagnose and treat. Traumatic brain injuries typically have significant physical, financial, and emotional consequences.
- Broken Bones. Broken bones are common to many kinds of accidents, and they are especially painful injuries that tend to heal very slowly. Additionally, broken bones can develop complications that lead to permanent disabilities.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Spinal Cord injuries are injuries to the spinal cord, and they often lead to significant decreases in strength, sensation, and functioning below the injury site. Spinal cord injuries can even lead to complete or partial paralysis, and their severity depends upon the seriousness and the location of the injury. The loss of bodily control associated with spinal cord injuries often elicits a strong emotional component that makes these injuries even more difficult to overcome.
Hawaii Personal Injury Damages
While no amount of money can alter the fact that you were injured, just compensation for the full scope of the damages you’ve suffered can help you move forward. Your injury attorney in Kona will take charge when it comes to establishing the financial, emotional, and physical damages you’ve incurred. While every personal injury claim is different, these following damages are often available for victims:
- Medical Expenses. If you’ve been injured, you’re likely going to have medical expenses that are likely to include emergency transportation from the accident scene, emergency treatment, surgery and aftercare, appointments with doctors and specialists, ongoing care, physical therapy, prescription medications, physical adaptive devices, home adaptations, and home health care. Depending on the severity of your injuries, your medical expenses may be immense.
- Lost Income. If you’ve been seriously injured, you will likely lose hours at work and, subsequently, have lost wages. Further, an injury may cause you to curtail your career goals and to lose earning potential into the future. The costs associated with lost wages can be extreme, and because most of us closely associate our careers with our standing in the world, career setbacks can be emotionally devastating.
- Physical and Emotional Pain and Suffering. The financial costs associated with personal injury claims aren’t the only damages suffered. Often, the injuries associated with these claims wreak significant emotional consequences. If your injuries are such that they affect your career, your thought processes, or your ability to move smoothly through your life, you are likely to experience significant emotional repercussions that may represent the most difficult element of your recovery process.
- Property Damage. In many cases, victims of accidents also sustain significant damage to their property. This is particularly true in motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents. Typically, if an accident was caused by someone else, they will be liable for the damage or loss of personal property.
When it comes to personal injury claims, damages can come in a variety of forms, but your dedicated personal injury lawyer will help ensure that your damages are identified and that any settlement or award you obtain adequately compensates your losses.
The Insurance Company
If someone else’s negligence has left you injured, it’s highly likely that you’ll be hearing from an insurance company. Keep in mind that insurance companies and their representatives are in the business of generating revenue, which often includes keeping settlements low and may even involve denying claims outright. You’re not obligated to provide the negligent party’s insurance company with a statement, and you’re well-advised not to do so. Once you retain an attorney, he or she will handle all communication with the insurance company on your behalf, ensuring that your rights are fully protected.
If Someone Else’s Negligence Has Left You Injured, Contact a Big Island Personal Injury Attorney Today
Personal injury claims are difficult. After all, someone else’s negligence has left you injured. However, you are not alone. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Olson & Sons, Attorneys at Law, in Kona and Kamuela are here to help. Our dedicated legal team has the skill, knowledge, and commitment to help navigate your personal injury claim toward just compensation. Please call us at 808-331-3113 (Kona) or 808-885-8533 (Kamuela) for an appointment today.
*Nothing herein constitutes legal advice, you should seek an attorney before you take any action, nor does anything herein create an attorney client relationship.